2023 AGM Minutes
CMLL AGM Minutes 2023
Austin’s Pub February 22 2023
Attendees: Marty Homan, Paul McCormack, Al Liddiard, Leon Perrier, Andre Saguez, Gurmit, Bhachu.John Campbell
- Marty motioned to accept minutes of the 2022 AGM seconded by Leon Perrier, carried
- New Board members appointed, Leon Perrier to become the new Registrar, Andre Saguez to become the new goalie coordinator, Gurmit to become Communications and advertising
- Marty Homan reported that we are in a good financial situation with approx. $32,882.22 in the bank and no bills, further discussion on getting that surplus down.
- Al Liddiard presented the budget. The registration will remain drop the $325.00.
- New equipment for next year $2,500.00, mostly for Goalie equipment
- Al Liddiard motioned that an additional $800.00 be added to equipment budget for a laptop for the Registrar to use. Seconded by Gurmit. Carried.
- Discussion to stay with ALA, all agreed we will
- Jason was not present to report on the webpage and we trust he will continue in the role as it is very well done
- Leon looking for the list of emails and with Al will get the registration open
- Team numbers and players per team will be determined after registration
- Calgary cup will be June 23,24 and 25th, Josh Herrman and Craig MacDonald will organize it again this year
- Pat report the referee situation is good and it was suggested we look for another ref
- Winter numbers are down, only 7-8 guys a week
- Don Aldred reported no major issues with the goalies, he will have Jr. Master goalies play in Jr. and spare in Sr. We will buy 12 new Goalie jerseys.
- Andre to survey goalies for equipment required
- Discussion on moving the venue to Sarcee covered outdoor floor so that we can start mid-April and play until September, thus doubling our floor times while decreasing registration and giving our members much more value.
- Draft night is to be 2 weeks before the league start and 1 week before the start there will be a drop-in night to go over rules for all players but especially new members.
- Gurmit motioned for $1,500.00 for advertising seconded by Marty, carried
- Facebook account is set up by Josh and we need to get control of that
- It was voted to keep Cathy on as trainer/ scorekeeper
- Marty motioned for adjournment, seconded by Paul. Carried.